Getting ready to start salsa classes? Awesome! Salsa dancing is a great way to exercise, meet new people, and have fun.
If you're preparing for your first salsa class, you may be wondering what to wear to salsa class. While most salsa dancing classes don't have a strict dress code, it's important to dress appropriately for the activity.
Follow these guidelines when deciding what to wear for salsa dancing lessons:
#1: Your outfit should be easy to move in. Salsa dancing is a physical activity, after all.
#2: Your outfit should help keep you safe. You don't want to wear something that you may trip over, for instance, or shoes that don't provide enough support.
#3: Your outfit shouldn't make other people uncomfortable. Salsa dancing is a social activity, and you don't want to wear something overly provocative that may make your partners uncomfortable.
What to Wear to Salsa Class
When deciding what to wear for salsa dancing lessons, you should look for clothing that's functional, comfortable, and makes you feel good wearing it. You'll be moving around a lot during salsa class, so it may help to dress in layers that you can remove as you start getting hot. In this section, I'll give some ideas for what men and women should wear to salsa class to be ready for the physical demands of dancing.
What to Wear to Salsa Class—Women
Here are some ideas for what to wear to salsa class if you're a woman:
- Dresses that are knee-length or slightly shorter.
- Jeans or leggings that are fitted through the ankle so you won't trip on them.
- Cropped pants, capris, or shorts that you can easily move around in.
- Short-sleeved or sleeveless tops.
- A cardigan or sweater that you can wear if it gets chilly.
- Shoes that are flat or have a small heel (2 inches high or less).
What to Wear to Salsa Class—Men
Here are some ideas for what to wear to salsa class if you're a man:
- Cotton t-shirts.
- Long or short sleeve button up shirts.
- Jeans, khakis, or slacks.
- Shorts of any kind.
- Light vests or sweaters that are easy to remove.
- Flat shoes with a smooth bottom.
Salsa dancing is a lot of fun, but can be challenging, especially if you're not wearing the right clothing. Make sure that you're wearing comfortable clothes and shoes that allow you to get your groove on and you'll have the time of your life.
Have friends who also need help with test prep? Share this article!